Bosch was founded in Stuttgart in 1886 by Robert Bosch (1861-1942) and for more than 130 years has been distinguished by a unique corporate culture based on solid values that drive us to improve every day. Our products, present in a wide variety of fields, that contribute to improve the quality of life of millions of people.
Imagine your ideas becoming solutions that impact the lives of people working with innovative technologies. We invite you to join our team, where you will have the opportunity to develop for electronic stability control systems.
You will be Responsible for:
Requirement analysis, functional specification, implementation, and testing of software functions.
Software development for vehicle network communications, bootloader, and hardware-driver software.
Support the software development team during the integration of the official software and the subsequent release to the customer.
Support interfaces for ABS/TCS/ESC and other customer functions.
Technical contact for the customer as well as the global software development team.
Testing of software functions in hardware and software simulation environments to ensure conformance with customer requirements.
Debugging and troubleshooting software.
We are looking for:
• Hands on experience programming in ‘C’ for real time embedded systems.
• Ability to solve technical problems independently with minimum customer interaction.
• Passion for automotive engineering.
• Team player with good problem solving and critical thinking skills.
• Advanced English language skills.
• Professionally represent Bosch at the customer.
• Experience working with any 8, 16, or 32 bit microcontroller using analog to digital inputs to
control an external device.
• Experience with CAN or other communication protocols is a big plus.
• Experience with Autosar architecture is a big plus.
• Experience using testing and application tools like Canalyzer, Canoe, INCA, etc.
• Experience in software integration.
• Experience with Agile methodologies.
• Familiarity with automotive coding rules.
• Knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle.
• Experience with source control management tools (i.e. Subversion, GIT, MKS).
• Knowledge of scripting languages such as python, perl, etc.
• Familiarity with HIL test environments and SIL/HIL testing methods.
The selected candidate will work with the Bosch Engineering Group (BEG). BEG is a fast growing subsidiary within Robert Bosch LLC that focuses on engineering services in the areas of chassis controls, powertrain controls, vehicle systems, and motorsports. The chassis controls division within BEG offers products in the areas of active safety, driver assistance, electric power steering, semi-active suspension, and autonomous driving. Since we offer a wide range of engineering services, we get to work on unique and challenging projects that involve control theory, vehicle dynamics, and model based software design. Some of these projects include, but are not limited to, high performance sports cars, electric vehicles, medium heavy trucks, and powersports applications.
In your role as a function development and system design engineer, you will work with our customers and a global project team to design, test, and release software functions with a high level of safety and quality.
We are not expecting candidates to know everything required for the job, but we are looking for candidates that have the ability and motivation to learn quickly within a team setting. We will train the right candidate to do the job