Bosch was founded in Stuttgart in 1886 by Robert Bosch (1861-1942) and for more than 130 years has been distinguished by a unique corporate culture based on solid values that drive us to improve every day. Our products, present in a wide variety of fields, that contribute to improve the quality of life of millions of people.
The position is responsible of providing business process expertise, needs to gather requirements and software requirements specifications and deliver them to the Software Engineering Team.
Needs to team up with key business operations and IT stakeholders, needs to take a lead role when specifying requirements, establishing priorities and supporting maintenance of line projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Elicit requirements by: interviews, documenting the analysis, leading workshops, using Lean tools and artifacts such as Value Stream Maps, creating surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, using case scenarios, workflow analysis, or any other method.
2. Critically evaluate the gathered information and proceed to: reconcile any conflicts they might appear from multiple sources, decompose high-level information into details, from low level information create a general understanding, distinguish the user requests from the underlying true needs.
3. Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze the gathered information, all the needs and functional requirements; then, deliver the following artifacts as needed: Functional Requirements (such as business requirements documents or software requirements documents), Use Cases, GUI/Screen, Interface Design.
4. Has responsibility of serving as a conduit between the customer community (internal or external) and the software development team. (requirements will flow through the IT Business Analyst)
5. Needs to work independently with users to define concepts and also under direction of technical project leads.
6. Needs to drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans.
7. Needs to always develop the requirements specifications according to standard templates and using natural language.
8. Needs to collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance.
9. Needs to be the connection between the business units, technology teams and support teams.
10. Needs to train customers and internal employees in understanding applications.
1. Minimum 6 years’ experience analyzing business needs in the IT field.
2. Bachelor degree in Business, Information Systems, Engineering or Computer Science.
3. Experience with large-scale websites, database and client/server development, significant experience with internet technologies (techniques and best practices).
4. Solid exposure to Quality Management systems and Configuration Management of complex software products.
5. Excellent English (verbal & written), ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of people (executives, managers, subject matter experts).
6. Excellent presentation skills.
7. Strong analytical skills (being able to interpret customers’ needs and translate them into application and operational requirements).
8. Product management skills (being able to work with multiple projects and work streams at the same time and deliver results).
9. Experience with Confluence.
10. Experience with JIRA.
11. Experience with ERP solutions integration (like BAAN or SAP).
12. Background in Automotive Service.
13. Experience with Ecommerce.
14. Experience with prototyping application such as Axure.
Bosch is constantly expanding its international presence, since for us cultural diversity represents one of our greatest strengths. We are continuously promoting the growth of our more than 13,000 associates, who develop their full potential in one of the highest quality companies in technology. We value the balance between personal and work life as one of the main tools to improve the creativity and productivity of our associates.
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology – with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.